mulitple port mapping to same internal address

We would like to use a PIX 515 running 6.3.4 to route different outbound ports to one internal port if that's possible. We'd like to route both port 25 and

2525 on a single public IP to port 25 on a single private IP. This is to allow SPF implementation so that customers can e-mail out when their ISP blocks port
  1. Is this possible?

Thanks... Brian Bergin

I can be reached via e-mail at cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.

Please post replies to the group so all may benefit.

NOTICE: Use of this information is contingent upon acceptance of Paragraph 17 of Terabyte's Terms and conditions located at

formatting link

Reply to
Brian Bergin
Loading thread data ...

|We would like to use a PIX 515 running 6.3.4 to route different outbound ports |to one internal port if that's possible. We'd like to route both port 25 and |2525 on a single public IP to port 25 on a single private IP. This is to allow |SPF implementation so that customers can e-mail out when their ISP blocks port |25. Is this possible?

BTW, I've tried several variations on this but to no avail:

static (inside,outside) tcp 1.2.3.150 25 192.168.1.50 25 netmask 255.255.255.255

0 0 static (inside,outside) tcp 1.2.3.150 587 192.168.1.104 25 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0 conduit permit tcp host 1.2.3.150 eq smtp any conduit permit tcp host 1.2.3.150 eq 587 any

I know the conduits are old, but this PIX won't ever be upgraded to 7 so they'll stay until it's retired later this year.

I've also tried just getting 587 to 25 (meaning no static mapping for 25 to 25 but that doesn't work either. I hope I'm just missing something...

Thanks again...

Thanks... Brian Bergin

I can be reached via e-mail at cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.

Please post replies to the group so all may benefit.

NOTICE: Use of this information is contingent upon acceptance of Paragraph 17 of Terabyte's Terms and conditions located at

formatting link

Reply to
Brian Bergin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.