limit SMTP connection time

We're having a problem with SMTP connections being made by spammers but being left open which is essentially causing a DoS attack on our MTA which has specific limits to the number of connections. The vendor wants us to limit the # of connections on SMTP at the firewall level or limit the time a connection can be open but with no traffic passing. Is that possible? We're running 6.3.3 and are still using conduits at this point. My intention is to replace this firewall in the coming months with a new one capable of running 7 and then moving to ACLs, but for now I need to do this with our conduit connections. Thanks...

Thanks... Brian Bergin

I can be reached via e-mail at cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.

Please post replies to the group so all may benefit.

NOTICE: Use of this information is contingent upon acceptance of Paragraph 17 of Terabyte's Terms and conditions located at

formatting link

Reply to
Brian Bergin
Loading thread data ...

Sorry, as I do not agree to Terabyte's Terms and conditions, I am unable to use the information in your post to solve your problem.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.