PDM and java

I have installed the PDM and was accessing from one of my servers and I get to the login page but after that it justs keeps saying" loading PIX dEvice manager please wait." The at the bottom of the IE window it has the following message, "exception: java.security. AccessControlException: access.denied (java.util.PropertyPermission java.version.read) I just recently installed java on this server so could that be the problem?

Reply to
cptkirkh
Loading thread data ...

The version of PDM the PIX running is v3.0. in order to resolve the issue, you may either upgrade PDM to v4.1 or downgrade the java plug-in on the PC.

PDM v3.0 system requirements:

formatting link
PDM v4.1 system requirements:

formatting link
PDM Documentation:

formatting link
Upgrading PDM to 3.0(4) (from 3.0(1) should fix it.

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

The PDM is particularly anal about the version of the JRE you have installed. Try uninstalling the existing version(s) and install the latest:

formatting link
I would however recommend upgrading your code to v7 if at all possible if for no other reason than to rid yourself of the PDM. The ASDM is so much better. You won't be sorry.

"Guide for Cisco PIX 6.2 and 6.3 Users Upgrading to Cisco PIX Software Version 7.0"

formatting link
"Cisco PIX 515/515E Security Appliance Memory Upgrade for PIX Software v7.0"
formatting link
J

Reply to
J

formatting link

formatting link

Reply to
cptkirkh

You may wish to contact directly your local Cisco Office:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco CraigsList Job Openngs

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

in IE. Tools, Internet Options, Advanced. Uncheck "use sun jre...". close and open your browser. It will still use the sun jre.

Reply to
Joe Beasley

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.