Multilink PPP + 2 T1's - Routing Problem

Hi,

I seem to be having a bit of trouble. I have 2 T1s bundled using ppp multilink. The router is able to get out to the internet with no trouble. As far as i can tell, there is a problem routing between the Multilink interface and the Ethernet interface. I can being each side from its respective network, but traffic does not appear to traverse from the Ethernet side, through the routing and down the Multilink interface. Here is my config: (IP's changed to protect the innocent)

version 12.1 no service single-slot-reload-enable service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname xxxxx ! ! ! ! ! memory-size iomem 10 ip subnet-zero ip cef ! ! ! ! interface Multilink1 ip address 111.111.47.90 255.255.255.252 no ip mroute-cache no cdp enable ppp multilink multilink-group 1 ! interface Ethernet0/0 ip address 24.25.62.97 255.255.255.224 ! interface Serial0/0 no ip address encapsulation ppp no fair-queue pulse-time 10 ppp multilink multilink-group 1 ! interface Serial0/1 no ip address encapsulation ppp no fair-queue pulse-time 10 ppp multilink multilink-group 1 ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Multilink1 ip http server

Reply to
mark.stradling
Loading thread data ...

Nothing in the config that would stop it. Very straight forward typical setup. Are you sure your providor is routing you the 24.25.62.97

255.255.255.224 subnet?
Reply to
Brian V

Thanks for the response and you are correct. That's why it was driving me crazy. Everything in the config is right. The problem was excatly what you suggested. The ISP was not correctly publishing the route over the internet.

Have a nic day

Brian V wrote:

Reply to
mark.stradling

Generally it is not a good idea to use the interface in a static route especially for Internet default.

One can end up with HUGH ARP tables due to proxy ARP

Instead suggest you point the default to the ISP next hop IP address:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.