opinions about AIR-AP1220B-A-K9 Access Point

I'm interested to buy this access point, and i will like to hear opinions from the people who are using this model.

Thank you very much.

-Dusan

Reply to
Dusan Sukovic
Loading thread data ...

Dusan Sukovic schrieb:

After converting it to IOS it is an 1230B (except a different signature in CDP discovery). After it is converted, you can update the IOS like on every other IOS based Aironet. I don't know any reason why to stay with the VxWorks firmware, the IOS has much more feature and works rock stable. The conversion process is is a bit lengthy but straightforward, if you start with factory default config.

Reply to
Uli Link

I've just got one to play with a AIR-AP1220B AP, but it behaves a bit strange. When I can connect with my Intel wireless card, I'm losing connection with AP after approx. 5 minutes. Then it's almost impossible to have connection with AP, and device starts to blink amber colors, red, green in very rapid manner together with some weak kinda click, click sound ;-) Even if I remove power cable and turn it back there is no reaction from LED's for minutes, then they start again to work somehow. Is this a hardware failure?

-Dusan

Reply to
Dusan Sukovic

Dusan Sukovic schrieb:

No. It's Intel's driver quality assurance.

There are some known problems with Aironet VxWorks firmware with the better encryption modes than standard static RC4 WEP.

What is your config on the AP?

Reply to
Uli Link

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.