not accept sticky command

Hello All I try now for days the apply the sticky command on my Catalyst 2950 switch The command which I try to apply is: Switch(config-if)#switchport port-security mac-address- sticky

When I do this I get this reply: Switch(config-if)#switchport port-security mac-address sticky ^ % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Why does the switch not accept this command? I did a search and almost everywhere this command is mentioned.

Hope somebody has an explanation for me

regards Herman

Reply to
Herman
Loading thread data ...

What you are seeing is an error from the IOS parser indicating that the command is not accepted. Some possibilities are

a) this command may not be supported in the version of IOS that you are running b) you may not be applying this command on the right interface type. c) you may need to issue some other commands prior to issuing the sticky command.

Post your "show version" output and also "show running" for the interface on which you are trying to apply the command.

Cisco da Gama

formatting link

Reply to
ciscodagama

here is the show version of the router with ios info: Switch_A#sh version Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) C2950 Software (C2950-I6Q4L2-M), Version 12.1(9)EA1, RELEASE SOFTWARE ( fc1) Copyright (c) 1986-2002 by cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Wed 24-Apr-02 06:57 by antonino Image text-base: 0x80010000, data-base: 0x804E8000

ROM: Bootstrap program is CALHOUN boot loader

Switch_A uptime is 1 hour, 7 minutes System returned to ROM by power-on System image file is "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-9.EA1.bin"

cisco WS-C2950-12 (RC32300) processor (revision C0) with 20815K bytes of memory.

I think the problem is the IOS?

Reply to
Herman

12.1(9)EA1 does seem rather old but I am not able to find out easily if the sticky command is supported in this release. It could well be that the IOS version does not support that command.

Could you also post "show running" for the interface where you are trying to apply the sticky command?

Cisco da Gama

formatting link

Reply to
ciscodagama

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.