Newbie 2621xm Internet Access

Hi folks, I've recently acquired a Cisco 2621xm router. I want to be able to use it to provide internet access to my network through my broadband connection. Is this possible, and if so, how do I go about configuring it?

If you need any more info let me know!

Best regards,

Danny snipped-for-privacy@dannysmith.biz

Reply to
Danny Smith
Loading thread data ...

You want to use ip nat

interface FastEthernet1/0 description Your internet access ip address dhcp < depending on how you get your connection>

ip nat outside

interface FastEthernet1/1 ip address 10.160.0.1 255.255.0.0 ip nat inside

ip nat inside source list 1 interface FastEthernet1/0 overload access-list 1 permit 10.160.0.0 0.0.255.255

Hope that helps, DMc

Reply to
DMc

add to the above a default route

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 dhcp

Reply to
Merv

Hi again, Thanks for the information. Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but would you mind going through the process of configuring it from when I log in to the router? I'm very new to Cisco routers etc.

I gave it a shot but to be perfectly honest I don't think I changed anything for the better (or worse!), in fact, I think I had no impact at all! If you, or anybody else, could help I would be truly grateful.

Thanks for your time.

Danny. snipped-for-privacy@dannysmith.biz

Reply to
Danny Smith

I dont mind at all

enable

conf t ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 dhcp exit

wr mem

! to verify the command took:

sh run | inc route

show ip route static

Reply to
Merv

I'm up and running!

Thanks to all who helped, particularly Merv - who has come to my aid many times.

Best regards,

Reply to
Danny Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.