Aironet

Can a AIR-LAP1131G-x-K9 be upgraded by installing another image so it can operate as a standalone AP without an external controller?

Reply to
Bob Simon
Loading thread data ...

Sure can. In the wireless downloads area is LWAP to AP and AP to LWAP conversion software.

Reply to
Brian V

I found the following in the downloads area, which I presume is what you alluded to:

formatting link
The software advisor doesn't seem to include access points (or I don't know how to make it work for this). How do I determine the major differences between the -JDA and the -JA3 images?

With a SmartNet contract, is this download authorized?

Reply to
Bob Simon

That gets me nothing, probably tied to some session cookie..

Try the Feature Navigator instead (cisco.com/go/fn) Platform 1130 Wireless Access Point

Read the release notes to find the differences.

formatting link
With Feature Navigator, you can compare image to image for feature sets as well.

SmartNet for all Cisco devices covers software upgrades. As far as I know there isn't a license difference between the LWAPP version vs. regular version, just two different offerings.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks for the tip. FN has a full list of features for c1130-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JA3.tar but it gives me the following error message for c1130-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JDA.tar

"The Image Name you entered does not match any supported Cisco software releases in this tool."

Too bad because, as you say, the compare image to image function would have been really useful. Since the JDA image is later (11/3/08 as compared to 3/20/08), is that a good reason to select it?

Unfortunately, the release notes do not include feature sets.

Reply to
Bob Simon

Access Points don't have "feature sets", so the release notes will tell you what bugs the version fixes and the new features are supported.

Reply to
Thrill5

~ ~ Access Points don't have "feature sets", so the release notes will tell you ~ what bugs the version fixes and the new features are supported. ~

Technically, there actually are three feature sets available for Aironet APs:

-k9w7- Autonomous IOS

-k9w8- Lightweight IOS

-rcvk9w8- Lightweight "Recovery image"

of these, you will never see a -k9w8- image by itself on CCO ... it is distributed embedded in the WLC image, and is downloaded to the AP when the AP first joins the controller.

(Only the aIOS features are documented by themselves, of course.)

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.