Cisco Aironet 1130AG Boot Loader question

I have 3 Aironet 1130AG bought at different times within the last 1-2 years. They have all different bootloader versions. I have upgraded the System Software to latest release (12.3(11)JA), but the bootloader still "says"

12.3(2)JA3.

Where can I find the latest bootloader software and how do I upgrade the access points so they all have the latest version?

-- roland

Reply to
Roland Lyngvig
Loading thread data ...

~ I have 3 Aironet 1130AG bought at different times within the last 1-2 years. ~ They have all different bootloader versions. I have upgraded the System ~ Software to latest release (12.3(11)JA), but the bootloader still "says" ~ 12.3(2)JA3. ~ ~ Where can I find the latest bootloader software and how do I upgrade the ~ access points so they all have the latest version? ~ ~ -- roland

Roland,

The AP1130 bootloader code is not (as far as I know) posted anywhere on CCO.

I have virtually never seen a case where there is any reason to change your AP bootloader code. Once IOS is up and running, the bootloader has no effect on functionality, so if things are working well, I wouldn't touch anything. Especially since updating the bootloader code is a risky operation (there is a small window where, if you take a power hit while updating, you can render the AP useless.)

That said, you can access the bootloader as the "bs:" filesystem. See

formatting link
an example (note that the bootloader code reference in this FN is for the 1200 *not* the 1130!)

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.