Where to get Cisco Aironet 1130AG Boot Loader software

I have 3 Aironet 1130AG bought at different times within the last 1-2 years. They have all different bootloader versions. I have upgraded the System Software to latest release (12.3(11)JA), but the bootloader still "says"

12.3(2)JA3.

Where can I find the latest bootloader software and how do I upgrade the access points so they all have the latest version?

-- roland

Reply to
Roland Lyngvig
Loading thread data ...

There is no need to upgrade bootloader, only software version. And there is no bootloader software available.

Reply to
Make

No, no no no no no no. The equipment will most certaily burst into flames if it detects that it doesn't have the latest greatest most fabulous and bestest software loaded. Your life and the lives of your family and your employers' depends on it. Regrade your software now, before it's too late.

OOPS! Sorry, was in M$ mode there.

Reload to Cisco mode.

There is no need to change the bootloader unless it is specifically stated as a requirement in the release notes for the IOS software that you are using. Changing the bootloader is a VERY rare ocurrance for most people in the Cisco world.

My understanding is that once the boot loader passes control to the main IOS software it takes no further part in proceedings. If your box is running then by definition the boot loader is good enough.

Reply to
Bod43

There is only one case that I am aware of where an AP boot loader needs to be updated but that is for a Cisco 1200 series AP.

See

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.