multi broadcast SSIDs with RADIUS on AP1231

Hi

I would like to broadcast two SSID's on my wireless network but it would seem that my AP1231G access points do not support this because I am also doing RADIUS assigned VLAN's. Does anyone know whether it is likely that this will ever work with future software versions for either the 1230 or

1240 series?

Thanks

Ben

Reply to
B Thompson
Loading thread data ...

B Thompson schrieb:

With 12.3(7)JA MBSSID broadcast is possible. But I don't know, how this relates to your RADIUS assigned VLANs. Give it a try, the broadcast in beacons does not depend on any authentication nor encryption and therefor should be VLAN independant.

If you upgrade to 12.3(7)JA be sure to upgrade to latest rebuild JA2. This is the first for me, that doesn't crash daily, as long as you don't issue "sh cdp entry *" on the CLI (which can be avoided without pain).

If your WLAN's availability is critical, I would still recommend known stable 12.3(2)JA5 or 12.3(4)JA1 and wait a few weeks for (7)JA3/JA4.

Reply to
Uli Link

Hi Uli

I have tested this out with 12.3(7)JA2 and sure enough it does not work. This is also backed up by the documentation :-

formatting link

Guidelines for Using Multiple BSSIDs

Keep these guidelines in mind when configuring multiple BSSIDs:

RADIUS-assigned VLANs are not supported when you enable multiple BSSIDs.

Cheers

Ben

Reply to
B Thompson

Ben,

I don't believe that we have plans to support RADIUS-assigned VLANs with MBSSID in "autonomous IOS". This is supported when using WLCs, via the "Identity Networking" feature.

formatting link
Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.