MPLS on the GSR12000

I need to test MPLS on the GSR series. I don't really care about performance but I want to test all supported MPLS features. Can anyone tell me the minimum config I would need for this?

I'm thinking of the following:

12008 chassis Eight-Port Fast Ethernet Line Card GRP CSC Latest 12.0 ST software release

Would this give me access to all software features or would I need later hardware?

Alternatively, is there cheaper hardware that would still give me access to full Cisco MPLS?

Thanks!

Reply to
steve
Loading thread data ...

Hi Steve,

Your direct contact at Cisco Systems for MPLS information is Ranjeet Sudan.

Email Address:

rsudan

at

cisco.com

Hope this helps,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I would suggest using Cisco's software advisor. CCO login is required, but here is the link:

formatting link
I'm not sure about "all supported MPLS features", but MPLS can run on pretty low end equipment although some of the more advanced features can only be found in the higher end gear. I took the Cisco MPLS VPN class a couple of months ago and we built our labs with 3620s and

3640s...

I'd take a look at a 7204VXR, I'd bet most if not all of Cisco's MPLS features are supported by it and it would save you a considerable amount of money.

Regards, Steve

formatting link

Reply to
www.networking-forum.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.