routing with 2 pix 506 vpn's

I need to figure out how (if it is possible) to route between two VPNs on a PIX Firewall. Namely...

china Office-----TJ-----HK-----CHICAGO-----Chicago Office

PIX PIX PIX

Two PIXes have VPNs that terminate at the same HK PIX.

I need to be able to route traffic from the china Office to the Chicago Office through the HK PIX.

Reply to
thz3-bruce
Loading thread data ...

In article , thz3-bruce wrote: :I need to figure out how (if it is possible) to route between two VPNs :on a PIX Firewall. Namely...

The PIX 506/506E currently does not support PIX 7.0, so there is no direct way to do what you want with that model. The 515/515E is the lowest that supports 7.0 at present.

:Two PIXes have VPNs that terminate at the same HK PIX.

You -might- be able to take advantage of logical interfaces, if you have a VLAN-aware router or switch in front of the 506, and if you are able to assign distinct subnets.

PIX 6.x is not able to route traffic in and out of the same logical interface, under any circumstances, but from 6.3(2) the 506/506E can support a small number of logical (VLAN) interfaces on the same physical interface.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.