Monitor CPU and Memory Using SNMP

I have set up traffic monitoring using MRTG.I would also like to set up CPU and MEM monitoring using MRTG. I need to know what are the SNMP MIB numbers for cisco to pull information for these fields. Thanks in advance to all.

Reply to
Alex M
Loading thread data ...

Cisco 1720 Version 12.2(11)T10, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

Reply to
Alex M

In article , Alex M wrote: :I have set up traffic monitoring using MRTG.I would also like to set up :CPU and MEM monitoring using MRTG. I need to know what are the SNMP MIB :numbers for cisco to pull information for these fields. Thanks in :advance to all.

The answer depends upon the device and the software version.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

In article , Alex M wrote: :I have set up traffic monitoring using MRTG.I would also like to set up :CPU and MEM monitoring using MRTG. I need to know what are the SNMP MIB :numbers for cisco to pull information for these fields. Thanks in :advance to all.

IOS old values:

CPU: enterprises.cisco.local.lsystem.avgBusy5.0 .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0 (see nearby values for other timescales) This might still work for you.

Memory: enterprises.cisco.local.lsystem.freeMem.0 .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0 obsolete as of IOS 11.1

Newer:

CPU: cpmCPUTotal5sec .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1.3.9 (see nearby values for other timescales) I'm not sure if this will work for lower-end models.

Memory: ciscoMemoryPoolUsed 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.5.1 ciscoMemoryPoolFree 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.48.1.1.1.6.1 CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB ... you have to add the used and free to find the total pool size, and add all the pool sizes to find the total device memory size.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Thank you. all i have to do is add the string into MRTG and that will pull the results?

Reply to
Alex M

In article , Alex M wrote: :Thank you. all i have to do is add the string into MRTG and that will :pull the results?

SNMP walk the device starting one node further up, and make note of the entries that are of most interest to you, and put those into MRTG.

In particular, you need to figure out -which- of the memory pools you want to monitor.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.