hi. does cisco has a tool can be use for monitor a mib value for a long time just like MRTG?

HI. My client wants a tool ( no free tool like MRTG) from Cisco. That tool can be used for collect network device 's traffic value and can store these value for produce a report laterly. In other words, it simply get MIB value from Network device 's mib database. And it also can specify which OID it uses for collecting. I know MRTG can did it. But I don't whether Cisco can provide a tool like MRTG. I once studied IPM. But I think IPM can not satisfy my client. BTW. My client has LMS Lan Management Solution of CiscoWorks. I hope someone could fingure a tool from Cisco can help my client. Thanks you!

kevin rong

Reply to
kevin
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
haydude

Thanks your reply

But what I need is a tool can specify time range and produce a beautiful report.I once used MRTG. I have to run a script to copy Gif and data automatically every day. MRTG could not caculate follow your order. MRTG just display per hour. per day, per month and per year. It could not compare any two month data.

kevin rong

Reply to
kevin

Take a look at What's Up 2006 Premium. (ipswitch.com)

I had a similar need and if did a great job. It has some built in reports that may meet your needs and you can create your own.

Having a web front end the reports can be view on the web. Nice thing added is access management is fairy granular.

I not sure but I think you might be able have reports created and emailed.

Plus it offers a some monitoring & alerting capabilities.

You should be able to get a 30 trial on their web site.

Joel

kev> Thanks your reply

Reply to
Joel

Hello Joel thank you. I will try to find where to buy What's Up 2006 Premimu in China.

kevin.rong

Reply to
kevin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.