PIX 6.3(1) to 6.3(5) to 7.2(1)

I wanted to find a simple list of feature benefits of upgrading to the above PIX version, but just found the list of bug fixes & nothing in plain english that I can communicate with my client.

Is there anywhere on ciscos home page that has the feature changes in plain english.

ie. Your on version 6.3(1) so upgrading to 6.3(5) you will get this. Then if you upgrade to 7.2(1) you will be able to do this.

Reply to
darkmoo
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate:

New Features:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco eBay Repair Service

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

No.

No. The release notes give a summary of the command changes, but some of the most important parts are the bug fixes. Knowing which bugs would be important in any particular environment and convincing the management is what a consultant or systems administrator gets paid for. It isn't a field in which the changes can be expressed simply.

If you have a client who is at 6.3(1) and doesn't *already* know exactly why they are at that release instead of another, then IMHO taking them to 7.2(1) would be irresponsible.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.