"loopback" on a cisco 828

Hey all.

Is it posible to make a "loopback"?

I will like to access a wan adress we are hosting, from the inside. Is this posible?

Regards Henrik

Reply to
henrikcj
Loading thread data ...

Yes of course. just do a "interface loopback " and in there configure it as you like.

Can you explain with more details what are you going to do?

HTH Alex.

Reply to
AM

Thanks for the Answer.

I will like to access our wan adress from the inside. like this in a browser.

http://80.80.80.80/mywebside but i can't access it. only via our internal adresse (192.168.1.50)

i know it can be done on a Zyxel router. like this.

ip nat lo> snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

configure it as you like.

Reply to
henrikcj

Please avoid TOP-QUOTING.

Anyway,

access-list 101 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 host 80.80.80.80

route-map FWD2WEBSITE permit 10 match ip address 101 interface ethernet0 set next-hop 192.168.1.50

interface ethernet0 policy-map FWD2WEBSITE

ip nat inside source route-map FWD2WEBSITE interface ethernet0

I guess your inside interface is named eethernet 0, otherwise change the name accordingly.

I would do that this way.

HTH Alex.

Reply to
AM

i have this access-list access-list 101 permit ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 any

Is'int almost the same ? it permit all adresses

AM skrev:

accordingly.

Reply to
henrikcj

Haven't you read "please don't top quote"?

About the ACL, you need to specify onlt the traffic going to the specific IP address otherwise you won't be able to go anywhere.

Alex.

Reply to
AM

address otherwise you

That looks very interesting.

access-list 101 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 host 80.80.80.80

route-map FWD2WEBSITE permit 10 match ip address 101 interface ethernet0 set next-hop 192.168.1.50

interface ethernet0 policy-map FWD2WEBSITE

ip nat inside source route-map FWD2WEBSITE interface ethernet0

Do you also need something like

interface eth 0 ip nat enable

With traditional NAT, as I understand it the traffic needs to go between NAT Inside and NAT Outside interfaces.

I suspect that this new feature removes that constraint.

Reply to
Bod43

That's why I always wonder about the fact that HTTP transparent proxy doesn't work on my LAN. My doubts regard the fact that packets once forwarded keep their original dest address and that way the new dest machine could discard them because of the wrong dest IP address. As far as I know the next hop just change the dest MAC address in L2 frame, doesn't it?

But HTTP transparent proxy has come a little bit before ip nat enable, hasn't it? So is there any other stuff I havent' understood untill now?

Maybe I need to read more carefully Squid docs, but the fact the forwarding didn't work when I tried makes me fullof doubts.

Alex.

Reply to
AM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.