ospf loopback

i have configured ospf on a two routers. the strange thing (seems to me anyway) is, when i type sh ospf nei i get a network ID of: 99.168.1.3 which is a loopback interface I have configured. The network should be

192.168.1.0, am i missing something?

thx,

Reply to
Branigan
Loading thread data ...

Your RID (Router ID) will be the highest IP address of any loopback interface configured. If no loopback interface configured then the highest IP address of any physical interface will be your RID.

Reply to
Dude

The Router ID is always the highest IP-address on the router, or, if present, the IP adres of the loopback interface. It's normal.

"Branigan" schreef in bericht news:z8-dnYhJmevFhMjZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Reply to
CCNA Nerd

You could explictly define your router id.

Router#config t Router(config)#router ospf XXX Router(config-router)#router-id xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Reply to
Rusty Shackleford

I concur, and I would add that you 'should' explicitly defne what the router-id is. Why leave it to aristocracy. Control your routers before they control you.

Reply to
ITBob

Reply to
news_user

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.