Linux AnyConnect client ID to ASA server as win client?

Shot in the dark...

I'm trying to migrate my work system a linux box. I'm 99.9% ready for a total migration, but the *one* thing blocking me is that my company hasn't enabled the linux client on the ASA host. (It's not for any particular security reason, I already talked with IT and they commented that the reason is that they don't want to be on the hook to support Linux).

I installed the v2.2 of the AnyConnect webvpn software on my linux box, and I was able to install the client and go all the way through the client authentication process, but when I get to the step reporting that client is "confirming the client version", I finally get a message that the peer doesn't have the module enabled.

So.... I'm desperately trying to avoid building a VMWare image with an XP image just to get VPN connectivity.

Any ideas?

Reply to
jackhen
Loading thread data ...

If they have IPsec enabled you could try the open source client, vpnc.

formatting link
Packages are probably available from your distro maintainer and there are several GUI options available but the CLI verison with just fine as well.

This is just a wild guess but perhaps there's an option in the source where it responds with a client name and version number. But I know nothing about the module you're referring to so it may not be possible. Your best bet is to try it first and then work with your IT staff if it still doesn't work.

-Gary

Reply to
Gary <garyd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.