IOS PPTP client

I noticed that (at least) as of 12.3(16) IOS supports PPTP client operation. Is this documented anywhere? It seems to work, but it shares with other ppp-based modules the Cisco quirk or broadcasting a gratuitous ARP reply with the router's Ethernet address and the peer's IP address on bringing up the interface. This is disastrous if you are testing against a PPTP server on the same broadcast net. :( Anybody know how to shut it off?

I also noticed that it now seems to be possible to configure real client mode L2TP. That is, you can associate a dialer interface with an l2tp request-dialin vpdn group (where before you could do this only with an l2tp request-dialout group to request remote modem access). Again, is this documeted anywhere? It appears that vpdn support has been generalized which would be very nice... if it is actually supported...

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani
Loading thread data ...

| I noticed that (at least) as of 12.3(16) IOS supports PPTP client | operation. Is this documented anywhere? It seems to work, but | it shares with other ppp-based modules the Cisco quirk of broadcasting | a gratuitous ARP reply with the router's Ethernet address and the | peer's IP address on bringing up the interface. This is disastrous | if you are testing against a PPTP server on the same broadcast net. :( | Anybody know how to shut it off?

Ah, found the no ip gratuitous-arps command...

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.