Cisco router as a PPTP Client

Hi all, i have read the following posting -

formatting link
have been trying to get this to run for the last few days, can someone point me in the right direction please ? it is running on a 871 router with the 870c-advipservices image, connecting to a microsoft rras box. the connection is temporally established then dropped as if there is some sort of negotiation issue. I have tried this with connecting to a cisco router at the other end and it worked fine, but for some reason it just doesn't want to connect to a rras box. i have tried 3 different rras servers just to make sure.

The config is below, i have prob missed a couple of things -

Current configuration : 1624 bytes version 12.4

no service pad service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec no service password-encryption service internal

hostname Router

boot-start-marker boot-end-marker

logging message-counter syslog no logging console

enable secret ###### enable password #####

no aaa new-model

dot11 syslog

ip source-route

no ip gratuitous-arps

ip cef ip multicast-routing

no ipv6 cef

multilink bundle-name authenticated

vpdn enable

vpdn-group 1 request-dialin protocol pptp rotary-group 0 initiate-to ip ##.##.##.##

archive log config hidekeys

interface FastEthernet0

interface FastEthernet1 shutdown

interface FastEthernet2 shutdown

interface FastEthernet3 shutdown

interface FastEthernet4 no ip address shutdown duplex auto speed auto

interface Vlan1 ip address 10.35.23.90 255.255.255.0 ip nat inside ip virtual-reassembly

interface Dialer0 mtu 1450 ip address negotiated ip pim dense-mode encapsulation ppp dialer in-band dialer idle-timeout 0 dialer string 123 dialer vpdn dialer-group 1 no cdp enable ppp pfc local request ppp pfc remote apply ppp encrypt mppe auto ppp chap hostname ### ppp chap password 0 #####

ip forward-protocol nd ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.35.23.254 no ip http server no ip http secure-server

ip nat inside source list 1 interface Dialer0 overload

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

control-plane

line con 0 no modem enable line aux 0 line vty 0 4 password ###### login

scheduler max-task-time 5000 end

Any help with this problem would be appreciated

Reply to
antony.nicholson
Loading thread data ...

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes: | Hi all, i have read the following posting - |

formatting link
| and have been trying to get this to run for the last few days, can | someone point me in the right direction please ? | it is running on a 871 router with the 870c-advipservices image, | connecting to a microsoft rras box. | the connection is temporally established then dropped as if there is | some sort of negotiation issue. I have tried this with connecting to a | cisco router at the other end and it worked fine, but for some reason | it just doesn't want to connect to a rras box. i have tried 3 | different rras servers just to make sure.

Have you done anything about the usual RAS addressing problem described in the last point of my discussion? If not, try "no peer neighbor-route" on the dialer interface.

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.