cisco 1721 and VLAN

Hello,

I appologise for my knowing of english in advance, and for been newbiee.

Situations is like this:

In my n'hood my friends and I at few couple of years ago started wireless network which expand by now by some cca 150+ users. We know that we need to use VLAN to get better performance. We get Cisco

1721 with 2 wic1enet 10bt ethernet cards + cisco 1600 with 1 ethernet also. Can we do somthing with that ?

We put now 5 Buffalo whrhpg54 with dd-wrt fw on same (central building) and conected them with utp cable so we have 100 Mbit conection btw. those 5 AP's

• we put on each free port aditionall 8 or 16 port switch and have conected users.

Other 10 AP's are within signal coverage and we conect those 10 AP's to those main 5 AP's (we did separate each 2 to connect on 1 of 1st AP's) ie.

AP1 ---utp --- AP2 --- AP3 --- etc | | | wifi wifi wifi | | | nod1 nod3 nod5 nod2 nod4 nod6

And on eaach nod we allow to maximum 10 wifi users and 20 users conected by utp with switch per node

On main building we have puted several home made SERVERS (voice, chat, game, share, ...) and we bought 1000 (gigabit ethernet cards) for all those servers and we bouth 24 port planet gigabit switch wich is conected directy to AP's (but AP's is only 10/100 megabits)

According when lots of ppl playing games and sharing network and each day someone new is conecting is our solution VLAN so we can put those who plays on vlan1, those who share to vlan2 those who would like to use VOIP on vlan3 so they can use their network resources but we will be same network so anyone can comunicate to each other.

P.S. none of us have some extra knowladge in computers or network, we learn on the go (like at the beguining we have conected all users and all ap's to 1 ap and you know the rest ....)

tnx

Reply to
wifi
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.