Help with PRI/ISDN recv'ed digits routing

Hi guys, I have a Cisco MC3810 running IOS 12.3d9 and 12.3d6 both are having the same 'problem' (I use that term lossely because I'm pretty sure the problem is my configuration)

I'm having trouble matching the incoming digits on the DVM to the dial-peer's. Going from VoIP to ISDN is working no problem. However the Cisco seems to auto-answer any incoming ISDN call regardless of the 'dial-peer voice xxx pots' entires and the called number calling inbound to the Cisco on the PRI, after it auto-answers it just gives the dialtone and listen for digits and then trys to map the call based on those digits entired by DTMF

What do I have todo to get the incoming digits from the ISDN PRI to get matched against the dial-peers, is it not matching against the 'dial-peer voice xxxx pots' entires ??

I've tried configuring both ends of the PRI for NI-2 and DMS100. I can make and receive calls in and out of the PRI no problem, so I think their doesn't seem to be any problem with the physical link L2-3 link. When I do a 'debug isdn q921' I see the digits getting corectly passed to the Cisco but it still doesn't route based on said digits

Thanks in advance

Reply to
A Dickson
Loading thread data ...

Hi, configure " direct-inward-dial " on your pots-dial-peer.

cheers Horst

Reply to
Horst Wagner

Thanks very much man going to try that now

Reply to
A Dickson

Okay this is on a MC3810

I can only use the 'direct-inward-dial' on 'dial-peer voice 879 pots' is this what you meant ?

I think I'm misunderstanding what you, however I tried putting the 'DID' my dial-peer voice 979 pots consist of dial-peer voice 879 pots destination-pattern 879T port 1:23 direct-inward-dial

I don't understand how that would effeect incoming calls on the ISDN line, which is what leads me to believe I've misunderstood

I do have VOIP dial peers set for the incoming numbers that are appearing ont the PRI (and I've verified with Q921 debugging). In the interface serial1:23 I've also trunk using the 'connection' prefix with no results

Any hints

Thanks very much, Adam

Reply to
A Dickson

OKay my bad, forgot about the 'incoming' tag

Thanks very much !!

Reply to
A Dickson

So does it work now?

Reply to
Horst Wagner

Well sort-o-kind-o-almost ----- no

The DID keyword is working, however I have a problem with a dial-peer that I haven't had the time to figure out

I'm not sure if there's a problem with the size of the DN (because upto now I've only tried 4 digit DN's) and then of couse that could have nothing todo with it. But just messing with dial-peer's is nothing I'm getting used too. I was unaware of the DID keyword though

Thanks again! Adam

Reply to
A Dickson

OKay got the DID working, which brings me to a next bring. When using the DID and only the DID (it's fine when the PRI using put digits into the AA dialtone - they get a ringtone) the caller doesn't get a ring tone when the other side is ringing. They only get silence, when somebody calls my extension they just get nothing - dead - until I answer or it timesout to my voicemail, at which point everything is fine .

Thanks Adam

Reply to
A Dickson

Try this: ! voice call send-alert !

Reply to
Horst Wagner

Thanks man, next problem. It appears that the Cisco may have a default ISDN/PRI redirection limit of one (not IP direction). I've read about the 'max-redirection' keyword that is enter in the pots dial-peer. However I only ever have the option of max.conns. When I 'show' the dialpeer I can seee the redirection limit at 1. Any idea how to change this ??

Reply to
A Dickson

Ummm no dice, still no ring tone. Any more hints ?

Thanks Adam

Reply to
A Dickson

Sorry if this is a dup, I posted a message this morning and it still hasn't shown up so I'll repost

Okay, Horst I just tried the 'voice call send-alert' and no joy

Any more hints ??

Reply to
A Dickson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.