Question for Cisco Certification

Hello all:

Some one wants to sell CCIE Lab for home study as following for $800.00, is it a good price? please advise. Thanks.

****************************************************************************************************************************
  1. Two Cisco 3600 Series 3640 Routers having 16MB Flash, 64MB RAM, 4 Serial Interfaces (FRAME RELAY SWITCHES)

1. Two Cisco 2600 Series 2610 Routers having 16MB Flash, 64MB RAM, 1 Ethernet port, 2 Serial Interfaces

2. One Cisco 2600 Series 2612 Router having 16MB Flash, 64MB RAM, 1 Ethernet port, 1 Serial Interface

1. One Cisco 2500 Series 2501 Router having 16MB Flash, 16MB RAM, 1 Ethernet Interface, 2 Serial Interfaces

2. One Cisco 3500 Series WS-C3524-XL-EN Switch having 24 Fast Ethernet Interfaces, 2 Gigabit Interfaces

1. One Cisco 2900 Switch WS-C2924-XL having 24 Ethernet Interfaces

2. 5 Back to Back Serial Cables to connect Routers

1. 2 Console Cables to configure Routers and Switch

2. 8 Power Cables

1. 5 Ethernet Cables

2. Bonus CD containing IOS of Routers and Switches to update according to your needs. Also we will provide you TFTP Server Software and documents about how to upgrade the routers to a different IOS, password recovery procedures and much more. Our experts can also help you setup your lab when you receive all equipment (free 1 hour session with our Cisco expert to answer all your questions about connecting the equipment and making the lab ready)

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reply to
pat
Loading thread data ...

Hi Pat,

Why don't use dynamips for study? It works realy great.

Greetz

****************************************************************************************************************************
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Reply to
Richard Gosen

Dynamips, works great however there is no switch emulation, yes you can use routers with the Ethernet modules, just not the same.

You can use some of the above list for a CCIE (R&S, I assume) Lab (the

3640's, needs more flash though) (the 2501 as backbone router).

However, I would follow a layout for building a lab.

Internetwork Expert has one

formatting link
Some of the equip off of your list is used as alternative equipment on IE's list

They also have studies based on Dynamips as well

formatting link
There is also rack rental available from here.
formatting link
Also, here is the equipment you will be tested on (currently) on the R&S Lab exam
formatting link
I have affiliation with any of the companies listed nor have I used their products or services. Just what I've come across in my searches.

Reply to
scottp2626

Dynamips, works great however there is no switch emulation, yes you can use routers with the Ethernet modules, just not the same.

You can use some of the above list for a CCIE (R&S, I assume) Lab (the

3640's, needs more flash though) (the 2501 as backbone router).

However, I would follow a layout for building a lab.

Internetwork Expert has one

formatting link
Some of the equip off of your list is used as alternative equipment on IE's list

They also have studies based on Dynamips as well

formatting link
There is also rack rental available from here.
formatting link
Also, here is the equipment you will be tested on (currently) on the R&S Lab exam
formatting link
I have NO affiliation with any of the companies listed nor have I used their products or services. Just what I've come across in my searches.

Reply to
scottp2626

If all that equipment is operational, $800 is a pretty good (great) deal. Do a lookup on eBay to see what the going prices are for used equipment.

Reply to
Peaceful Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.