Help needed to allow SSH login from outside to PIX

Hi guys,

How can I make it so I can SSH into a PIX from the outside interface?

Would I just type the following in?

ca gen rsa key 1024 ca save all ssh 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 outside

The connection I'm trying to make is a temporary solution, and I intend on bringing it down as soon I'm done configuring. So the solution doesn't have to be secure for the time being.

Thanks in advance :)

..Cos.

Reply to
cosmicspin
Loading thread data ...

I haven't been able to try the above configuration commands yet. But i just want to explain that I was getting a username and password prompt, do you think it would solve this problem if I put in the above? I just want to jump straight into the same screen as if I were telneting, I don't know why I'm getting username and password prompts... It's kind of like the aaa authentication on Cisco Routers, but I have no aaa Authentication commands in use.

..cos.

Reply to
cosmicspin

Thanks that worked :)

..cos.

Reply to
cosmicspin

yup, all you need.

Reply to
Brian V

As Cen has already said, use the username pix and your telnet password. If your getting the prompt, SSH is already configured and there is no reason to enter the previous commands. You cannot "jump right in as you were telneting" that's not the way SSH works. You will always be prompted for a username/password by the SSH device (in this case your Pix). Depending on the SSH client you are using you can store this info on the client so that you will not see the prompt screen, but in the background the Pix is still prompting the client for the info.

-Brian

Reply to
Brian V

For ssh, just use 'pix' as your username. Password your usual telnet password

Reply to
Cen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.