HELP ! - Cisco 350 wireless LAN card and broadband

Hi i have a cisco 350 wireless lan card and was wondering how to connect to a wirelesss broadband dsl router to use the internet. i havent a clue how to set it up! thanks in advance.

Reply to
Tyler
Loading thread data ...

Tyler,

You insert the Cisco 350 wireless card into your computer, probably you will need to install drivers for the card. Then you should configure your wireless connection settings according to what's configured in your broadband router (same SSID, encryption, password, etc.) Windows XP has "Wireless Zero Configuration" service, which should help with all these tasks.

Sincerely,

Mike

formatting link

Reply to
CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com

Hi Mike, I have already installed the card and drivers. It says in Network Connections "wireless connection unavailable" It says on the cisco ACU that its not associated but i dont know how to associate it. Any ideas?

Reply to
Tyler

There are a couple parameters that should match: SSID, encryption, authentication mechanism and passwords, etc. If your router does not broadcast your SSID, you should enter it within your computer manually. Your encryption settings depend on your router configuration. It's better to have your router configuration page open on one computer, and configure your laptop's settings. If you have some parameters you don't know, you check appropriate page on the router.

Sincerely,

Mike

formatting link

Reply to
CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.