GLBP EIGRP Scenario

I posted a couple of weeks ago about EIGRP over MPLS. The scenario that I was having problems with was balancing the traffic across two T1s attached to two Cisco 3845s. We have HSRP for redundancy, but on a suggestion from this group, I am pursuing configuring GLBP instead of HSRP. However, now, I am wondering if I should setup GLBP on both sides of the routers, i.e. both into the MPLS cloud to which all branches are attached and into the LAN. Below are the two setups that I am considering (best viewed in fixed-width font). I am using EIGRP for routing traffic across the MPLS cloud. My question is this, how will EIGRP broadcast the route back to these two routers to our branch offices? If I setup GLBP on both sides of the two routers, will I be balancing traffic more efficiently than EIGRP can do on the MPLS links? Thanks.

||==========||----------HOSTRTR01-----\\

-|| MPLS || GLBP-------LAN ||==========||----------HOSTRTR02-----/

||==========|| /-----HOSTRTR01-----\\

-|| MPLS ||-GLBP GLBP-------LAN ||==========|| \\-----HOSTRTR02-----/

Reply to
russianj
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Russianj

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.