Configuring a 2611XM with an ADSL WIC

I have just ordered an ADSL WIC for my Cisco 2611XM router. I am looking for instructions on how to configure it & also how to set it up to connect to my ISP, which is BT in the UK (PPoE I think?). Can anyone point me to any guides?

TIA, Jase

Reply to
Jason
Loading thread data ...

BT do both PPPOA & PPPOE, but folks tend to use PPPOA due to possible mtu issues.

The following should help.

interface ATM0 no ip address dsl operating-mode auto

interface ATM0.1 point-to-point pvc 0/38 encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer dialer pool-member 1

interface Dialer0 ip address negotiated encapsulation ppp dialer pool 1 ppp authentication chap callin ppp chap hostname XXXXX ppp chap password 7 XXXXX

dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit

Reply to
Bob Goddard

Is there an advantage to using this ATM0.1 subinterface?

When I configure a cisco for PPPoA, I have always put the commands you have put under ATM0.1 directly under ATM0 and it seems to work. Or is that wrong?

Reply to
Rob

Well, one advantage is that you can configure up different providers and have somewhat seemless handover. BE require a different config and IIRC, it's the way the gui tools do it. If it works, it works!

Reply to
Bob Goddard

Bob Goddard wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Thanks for the reply I'm up and running.

Cheers, Jase

Reply to
Jason

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.