Different Global Directory in CM 4.2(3) for each customer...

Hi peeps,

I am hoping this is straightforward as it seems simple enough when thinking about it but doing it, i am struggling due to my limited JS knowledge.

We have a CM infrastructure where it has been proposed to have multiple customers on this CM cluster instead of one.

Now, if I was to setup users for both companies, in the global directory, they would be able to find out each other's extension numbers and hence posing a potential security risk.

I see that I can specify a directory of sorts under:

Phone Configuration >> Cisco IP Phone - External Data Locations (leave blank to use default) >> Directory

Now, a way I thought of filtering it is by adding the company name to the Department field in the "Add User" in the Global directory as well as the department.

For example, Company A R&D

I looked at the .asp files and the one of interest seems to be xmldirectorylist.asp.

I would like to amend this file so it pulls only the information specified for this customer using the string "company A" which was input earlier into the global directory. Then each phone belonging to a separate customer will have its own distinct xmldirectorylist.asp which will be referenced by a unique xmldirectory.asp statement put under the IP phone configuration.

I understand that there are third party programs to do this, both GNU and commercial but I would like to do this natively in CM as it reduces the support costs in managing another application.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Cheers,

R
Reply to
rhodium78
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.