dialer profile problem with cisco 2801

Hi all,

I have configured a cisco 2801 to trigger PERSISTENT dialout calls in order to connect to other cisco router.

the fact is that I have async serial interfaces which binds to a dialer interface called Dialer1. Inside this interface (Dialer1), I want to set the enable-timeout to 1 second ,instead of having 15 seconds (default value). The router allows me to insert this value, but once I launch "debug dialer" traces I see that between the "DDR: diconnecting call" and the "DDR: re-enable timeout" commands there are 15 seconds!!

then I visualised the command "show dialer interface Dialer1" and I saw what was going on:

For Dialer1 interface: Re-enable timeout was 1 second For Serial 0/1/0 interface (bound to Dialer1): the Re-enable timeout was 15 seconds!!

I tried to insert the command "dialer enable-timeout 1" in serial 0/1/0 but it has no effect at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your attention.

Vic

Reply to
vhuertas
Loading thread data ...

If you want a dial-up connection that never goes down you can use 'dialer idle-timeout 0', which will disable idle timer. It will still take some time to initiate connection in first place, but once up it will not go down as long as there's no problem with the link. Would that be ok for you? Aren't you afraid of telephone bills? Or do you have sort of 'async leased line' between two routers? In later case there is alternative better solution - place async interface into dedicated mode.

Kind regards, iLya

Reply to
Charlie Root

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.