Copy run start is very slow

Hi all,

In some catalysts 3550 (WS-C3550-48-EMI), when i run "copy run start" or "wr mem", the operation of saving configuration is quick (less than 5 seconde) but juste before, the system take around 1 minute before !! why !!??

====================== EXPLICATION ====================== CAT3550#copy run start Destination filename [startup-config]?

Building configuration... [OK] CAT3550# =========================================================

I don't have this problem in some catalysts 3550 and the hardware configuration is the same.

ThankYou very much for your help

Best Regards NS

Reply to
ns
Loading thread data ...

What version IOS code?

Try reformatting the flash card (after saving the image off and copying it back in)

Not sure if this applies to the 3550, but for the 37xx and 38xx routers, there was a point where the filesystem code in the ATA flash was updated, and if you have an older format card with newer IOS software, flash access is very slow.

The eaasiest test it to save all of the flash data off to a TFTP server, reformat the flash, put the files back and see if that improves matters.

Reply to
Phillip Remaker

Thank You Phillip for your answer. I will try yours recommandantions.

Cdly NS

"Phillip Remaker" a écrit dans le message de news:Imyke.735$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
ns

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.