HOW DO YOU RESET TOFACTORY A CISCO 2600

formatting link
Then do:

enable copy run start

You really need to learn how to use the Cisco website to find out this sort of information, or you are going to have a lot of difficulty learning.

Reply to
yamahasw40
Loading thread data ...

I have a used 2600 that I want to learn on, I am going to make a rollover cable. How do I reset to factory defaults and what Ip will I use for console with the rollover cable?

Thank you

Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **

----------------------------------------------------------

formatting link

Reply to
dts

If I connect the rollover cable, I setup windows terminal window to connect and it asks for an IP to connect, I do not have the ip to connect via tcpip. The only other option is com 1. There is no hard reset as well?

Thanks for your patience and help.

---------------------------------------------------------- ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **

formatting link

Reply to
dts

You need to use com1. At the other end of the rollover cable is a db9 to rj45 adaptor.

Download hyperterminal private edition:

formatting link
use that. (Its what Cisco uses in its labs)

If you don't know the ip address, you can't connect using IP. There is no hardware reset, as its the software that makes Cisco different from everything else.

Matt

Reply to
yamahasw40

I get it now, thanks for your help.

Where can I order that cable?

Cheers

formatting link

Reply to
dts

Should come with the router. If not, talk to anybody who's got a stack of Cisco kit. Chances are they've got a dozen lying around. Maybe publish your whereabouts and some generous soul nearby might send you one.

Otherwize do a search for "cisco rollover" on ebay, and make sure you get the kit with all the connectors.

(This is a Cisco 2600 router, right? Not a Cat 2600 switch)

Reply to
yamahasw40

Correct, router.

Do you connect to the switches differently?

Thanks again...

formatting link

Reply to
dts

Modern switches connect exactly the same way.

But the Cat 2600 is so ancient as to be useless.

Matt

Reply to
yamahasw40

After you do get the private hyperterminal then setup a new connection using com 1 and plug in RJ45-DB9 serial adapter into 1st serial port on PC and from that plug rollover cable into CON port on router. Set the connection (COM1 properties in hyperterminal) using the defaults except change the baud rate to 9600, and change the flow control to none.

Assuming you can enter the router (you know enable password) you can just "erase start" to clear the config. Otherwise you can do password recovery for your 2600, I think the other guy posted the URL for password recovery.

dts wrote:

Reply to
kymwak

Just plug it in, point HyperTerminal to your com port, 8-N-1-N, and type:

write erase

reload

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.