Connecting 2 Cisco WS-C2950T-24 - Uplink

Hi,

I know that if it's not an uplink port, I use cross-over. My doubt is about connecting through the uplink ports!! I mean I want to use the uplink port of both switches. Do I use straight-through or cross?

Thanks

Reply to
murilo.coutinho
Loading thread data ...

Do not worry about cross-over cables, the switch will automatically adapt. You may want to pay more attention to setting up the port as a trunk and figuring out whether or not you want spanning tree on the switch and other important config parameters than the type of patch cable to use. I don't think Cisco still makes switches that are not able to auto cross-over.

Reply to
telecom-gear.com

Do not worry about cross-over cables, the switch will automatically adapt. You may want to pay more attention to setting up the port as a trunk and figuring out whether or not you want spanning tree on the switch and other important config parameters than the type of patch cable to use. I don't think Cisco still makes switches that are not able to auto cross-over.

Reply to
telecom-gear.com

You may wish to investigate the Cisco 2950 Config Wizard:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

2007 Cisco Salary Rates
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.