ASA 5505 Configuration Questions

I have configured an ASA 5505 for use in a branch office. I purchased a 50-user base license. One ethernet port, eth0/7, is in vlan2 (outside) and the others are in vlan1. I want to connect one of the inside ports to a 20-port switch just to have more ports. I do not want to trunk vlans. It does not work. I thought I would try to change the mode of one of the inside ports to trunk mode instead of access mode. It says with this license I can't change it to trunk mode.

Is there no way to do this?

Thanks

Reply to
tman
Loading thread data ...

I was connecting an el cheapo Linksys switch to the ASA using a staraight-through cable from the uplink port to an inside port on the ASA. This did not work. A straight-through or a cross-over from a regular port on the Linksys to an inside port on the ASA works. I guess the uplink port on the ASA confuses the autosensing on the ASA. :-)

Reply to
tman

Sometimes the uplink port on a device is an "either/or".

E.g.: You can use port x on the switch OR the uplink, but not both simultaneously.

Perhaps, while connecting the uplink, the port which it is associated with had a device connected to it.

Best Regards, News Reader

Reply to
News Reader

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.