Configuring Catalyst 3750

I am configuring a 3750 stack to act as our core switches. These switches are going to connect several hubs and a few servers. The issue I am running into is the workstations attached to the hubs could be from one of two subnets. 192.168.1.0/34 or 192.168.2.0/24. This is a layer 3 switch so it can easily handle routing packets from one to the other. However i am not sure how to configure the switch to do this when either could be coming in on the same port. It would be a night mare to try and separate out the workstations and printers to different hubs. And until I can re-subnet I am stuck with the mess I have. I am new to configuring Cisco equipment, but I am willing to learn. The only solution I have come up with is to configure Vlan 1 on the switch with the address 192.168.1.1/16 and enable rip2 so it routes

192.168.0.0 to vlan1. This would include both subnets and they can communicate. My main concern is about the amount of devices; both subnets together have about 300 devices.

With the switch configured this way will it increase the amount of broadcasts? Is this the best solution? Am I missing a way to configure the ports to handle packets from multiple subnets?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
KTosser
Loading thread data ...

Hello snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com,

use a secondary IP address on the interface or vlan that the port is connected to.

Reply to
Helge Olav Helgesen

Reply to
factbased

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.