help with router crashed

Hello all

My router 2610 crashed 3 times in three weeks so it is not that bad. However, I like to be able to identiy the source of the problem.

The log file shows on my linux box lots of "spurious memory access". I research this on google and this is not likely to be cuase plus I have this errors for year Is there a better way to logon crashing problem.

Reply to
Cong
Loading thread data ...

Hi Cong,

A router crash is when the router detects an unrecoverable error and restarts itself.

A crash can be caused by software problems, hardware problems, or both.

When you deal with hardware-caused crashes and software-related crashes, they may be mistaken for hardware problems.

Note: Important information about the crash is lost if the router is reloaded after the crash, such as from the power-cycle or issuing the reload command.

Collect the information found in the show tech-support and show log command output, as well as the crashinfo file before reloading the router.

------------------------------

To address a router crash, perform these steps:

Step 1. Find out the type of crash by issuing a show version command.

Step 2. Look for the reason the system restarted.

This sample output shows where to look for the reason the system restarted:

Router#show version Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) RSP Software (RSP-PV-M), Version 12.0(10.6)ST, EARLY DEPLOYMENT MAINTENANCE INTERIM SOFTWARE Copyright (c) 1986-2000 by cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Fri 23-Jun-00 16:02 by richv Image text-base: 0x60010908, data-base: 0x60D96000

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.0(19990806:174725), DEVELOPMENT SOFTWARE BOOTFLASH: RSP Software (RSP-BOOT-M), Version 12.0(9)S, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Router uptime is 20 hours, 56 minutes System returned to ROM by error - a Software forced crash, PC

0x60287EE8 System image file is "slot0:rsp-pv-mz.120-10.6.ST" !--- The rest of the output has been omitted.

For more information regarding crashes, refer to:

Troubleshooting Router Crashes

formatting link
For more information regarding hardware troubleshooting, refer to:

Hardware Troubleshooting for the Cisco 2600 Series Router

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Brad

well the users complain sudden lost of internet. And when I telnet into the router, it hung so I had to a cold boot. I look at the log file and I didn't see any errors at all. I though the log file suppose to catch it. I gues not.

Reply to
Cong

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.