How to configure Call back on Aux Port with modem and Radius

I want to setup callback on our cisco 2620. It used to work prior to implementing radius authentication.

If I remove the aaa new model it works again but then radius authenitcation does not. We have a modem connected to the aux port which we use for exec dial-in to troubleshoot network outages.

Do I need a seperate async card to make this happen? can I set this up on the Aux port with a external modem.

The router is a Cisco 2620 running 12.2.23a.

I found this document and it did not work.

formatting link
I have found several documents where a serial async card is used but nothing with the aux port and I have been unable to modify those examples to work on the aux port.

A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Reply to
Newbie72
Loading thread data ...

This is what I tried so far.

username omitted nocallback-verify callback-dialstring phonenumber password apasswrod service exec-callback chat-script offhook "" "ATH1" OK chat-script rtp ABORT ERROR ABORT BUSY "" "AT" OK "ATDT \\T" TIMEOUT 45 CONNECT \\c interface Async65 no ip address encapsulation ppp async mode dedicated peer default ip address pool callback ppp max-bad-auth 3 ppp callback accept ppp authentication pap line aux 0 script modem-off-hook offhook script callback rtp logging synchronous modem InOut modem autoconfigure type usr_sportster transport input all autoselect ppp callback forced-wait 5 speed 115200 flowcontrol hardware

Reply to
Newbie72

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.