Concentrator 3000 question...client login. ???

Hello, I had my vpn concentrator setup so someone accessing my network from the outside with a vpn client had to enter a group name and password and then would be prompted for a user name and password.

I was then trying to get a LAN to LAN connection working and started playing with Base group settings.

Now all that is needed is the group name and password, there is no more prompt for a username and password.

Anyone know what this might be?....and how to fix it to ask for both again?

Reply to
paul814
Loading thread data ...

You must have modified the Xauth (extended authentication) settings in the global or user group that this user subscribes to.

I think (from memory) you need to navigate to Configuration, User Management, Groups / Users. Somewhere around there you will see several Tabs, one of which will be the IPSEC properties. Scroll down until you see Authentication and make sure Xauth is checked. You need to ensure that the option selected is the one you use, for example, Internal if usernames and passwords are stored on the VPN Concentrator, or External if stored on another device.

Then make sure you have your username and password defined for this user. If Local then I believe this is Configuration, User management, Users.

HTH.

Unfortunately I dont have a Concentrator to hand so can't 100% confirm the menu settings I'm afraid.

Regards

Darren

Reply to
Darren

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.