How to use CLI to change pre-shared-key on ASA: Forgot Password

Hello,

I've forgotten the pre-shared-key needed to connect via VPN.

How do I change it via the CLI.

I entered the following command: no pre-shared-key * so I could then re-enter it but I received an error after the command. Therefore, it wouldn't delete the key.

I've tried viewing the key in clear text, but all examples I tried failed to show the password in clear text.......tftp, config show running config, ASDM.

The following is the part of my config that pertains to my question:

service-policy global_policy global group-policy xxxxxx internal group-policy xxxxxx attributes vpn-tunnel-protocol IPSec split-tunnel-policy tunnelspecified split-tunnel-network-list value xxxxx_splitTunnelAcl_1 username xxxxxxxx password HUnPMQd7PYqD/tGX encrypted privilege 0 username xxxxxxxx attributes vpn-group-policy xxxxxx username xxxx password EESlanzMed7BYAKE encrypted privilege 0 username xxxx attributes vpn-group-policy xxxxx tunnel-group xxxxxx type ipsec-ra tunnel-group xxxxxx general-attributes address-pool xxxxx default-group-policy xxxxx tunnel-group xxxxxx ipsec-attributes pre-shared-key * prompt hostname context Cryptochecksum:053b3a6bbbaf375af375349b53b0dd51

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Buck

Reply to
Buck Rogers
Loading thread data ...

You entered "tunnel-group xxxxxx ipsec-attributes" then carriage return to get into the sub-command mode before entering "no pre-shared-key *", didn't you?

Also, you may or may not have to type the actual key.

Reply to
News Reader

Oh Obi Wan,

You have made my day.

Many thanks.......didn't realize I had to go into the sub-commmand mode.

Regards,

Buck

Reply to
Buck Rogers

You also did not need to clear it. A more system:running-config would have given you the key/s in clear text.

Reply to
Brian V

Brian,

I tried that command previously with no luck. However, when I tried it again after your post, it worked......go figure. Maybe I wasn't in config mode????????

Regards,

Buck

Reply to
Buck Rogers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.