Cisco VPN Concentrator 3015 password reset question

We have an old 3015 on our network that is doing NAT. Over the years,

5 - 6, the preceding network admins have lost/misplaced the admin login and pass, and of course there is no documentation. It now falls upon me to figure it out because we plan to decommission it, but need to know what the configuration on it is. It is running version 3.5.2 of the VPN software.

I have seen and read the password recovery procedure, BUT, I have heard/read somewhere that specific versions of the IOS/COS would would erase the configuration. Being that it is still in production, this gives me great pause.

So the question is, has anybody see, heard, or witnessed a VPN Concentrator 3000 series running software version 3.5.2, erase the configuration while attempting a password recovery?

Thanks Lovejoy

Reply to
Lovejoy
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to directly contact Cisco's Expert on this:

Glenn Fullager

Email: gfullage (at) cisco (dot) com

Glenn Fullager is a customer support engineer at the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) at Cisco Systems, Inc.

He is based in Melbourne, Australia. He is responsible for assisting customers in the AsiaPac region with high level problems, specializing in the Security and VPN technologies.

Glenn has more than 10 years experience in the Information Technology field, specializing in Security/VPN for the past three years. He spent five years in North Carolina where he joined Cisco as a TAC engineer, before returning home to Melbourne last year

Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks for the information.

Lovejoy

Reply to
Lovejoy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.