Cisco VPN Client causes sound problems

I have strange problem with Cisco VPN Client and Windows SP2. When connection to VPN concentrator is enabled I hear noises in speakers. I hear proper sound but it's mixed with random beeps and statics. Problem occurs when any multimedia application is used. Windows Media Player, Winamp, TV Tuner, Skype - always the same noises. I'm unable to watch movies or listen to Internet radio or mp3 when VPN connection is established. When I disconnect vpn tunnel problem disapears. It seems that it's also hardware independed because I've checked 5 completely different computers with same results. I've checked version

4.8, 4.6 and 4.9 beta - no difference. CPU load is at 5 to 10% in task manager. It looks like some Cisco driver do really bad things to Windows kernel.

Any clue what might be wrong or walkaround?

Reply to
Berry
Loading thread data ...

Hi Berry,

I can confirm that I have exactly the same problems with my machine, a dual core 3GHz Dell PC with 2Gb of Ram.

Took me to buy a separate USB sound card to realise that it was the VPN software causing the problem (work from home, VPN up 99% of the time)

Reply to
edouard.spooner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.