Cisco VPN Client 4.0.5

When I try to connect to the office using the firewall address

209.178.198.242, I get the error message "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 403: Unable to contact the security gateway." I started having this problem since I changed the IP address of the firewall. Please drop me a word on how to fix this.

Thanks

Reply to
soup_or_power
Loading thread data ...

Martin Heusinger, Cisco CCIE No. 5980, offers:

Email: martin.heusinger *at* globalknowledge.de

"This usally means that there are no packets received from the IPSec gateway.

Might be a routing issue or a firewall/NAT issue.

Can you ping the gateway from the client?

Did you try to use "Enable Transparent Tunneling"?

The Cisco VPN client then uses UDP ( port 4500 ) to allow transport through a NAT device."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

How do I ping the gateway from the client? The ping from my home PC to the gateway (PIX firewall) is successful.

No. How do I enable it?

How do I specify this in the PIX?

Many thanks for your help.

Reply to
soup_or_power

According to

formatting link
The error message could be coming from incorrect login credentials. How do I find out the login and password? Please note that I am the administrator of this system. The office network has a firewall, router, a Windows 2000 server. Thanks

Reply to
soup_or_power

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.