ACNS 5.9.x Negative Caching Query??

I know I don't see much on ACNS here, but was hoping someone might have worked with the ACNS software more than I have, as it's pretty new to me.

I have a Content Engine 590 here I am working with, running ACNS 5.9.11, using WCCPv2, and overall it's working well. The problem I am running into is if it sends a request, and that request fails, it seems to cache that request for like 15 min before it will even attempt it again. So for example I was reading a forum remotely, was doing great, and apparently it missed a response, and that was it, it wouldn't even try the forum again till that negative response timed/aged out. I turned off the proxy redirect and all would work fine, turn it back on and dead. Once the negative response aged out things were normal again.

Is there some setting to tell it if it gets a negative response to always retry if requested again? I have looked at the config and reference guides from Cisco, and though I can set a ton of stuff, I haven't found a way to stop this behavior. Anyone have any ideas, or clues on how to change this action by the Content Engine?

-HL

Reply to
Howard L
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.