cisco 827 vs. 837 dsl connect-mode

I have a cisco 837 configured for ADSL over ATM which is working great. My problem is before I tried the 837 I was playing around with the 827 with basically the same config with the exception of,

dsl operation-mode auto

the 827 did seem to support that command, like i said i used the same encaps and config on the 827 as i did on the working 837. When my 837 was up and running i removed that line and the dsl connection dropped.

My question is why is that line needed on the 837 and not supported on the 827. I its used for PPP over ATM/routed bridged encaps.

Reply to
yo
Loading thread data ...

First of all you must do a comparison with the same version of IOS.

Anyway IMHO 827 (with its own IOS) has that operational mode by default and the only mode (and then not displayed) while

837 (better the IOS by it) gives more options and "auto" is one of them (perhaps to work you must choose one value alternative to "auto"). Cisco recommends not to remove that statement.

HTH, Alex.

Reply to
AM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.