intermitten performance on VPN

I have a Cisco 2811 with AIM-VPN/EPII-PLUS module, 768M of memory, and IOS c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-2.T.bin. Besides being a router for the head office, It also serves as a VPN terminator for roaming users.

Currently the number of VPN connections is very low, no more than 10 at a time but they experience some intermitten performance when accessing to the system thru VPN. Sometimes, it is very slow for around 15 to 30 minutes and then it works nornally again.

When it happens, the "sh process cpu" shows CPU utilization is about

20%/10% and "sh process memory" gives me the following Processor Pool Total: 698174272 Used: 73112080 Free: 625062192 I/O Pool Total: 12582912 Used: 6370736 Free: 6212176

From the two facts, I think the router is not overloaded, isn't it ?

What else I have to check to find the culprit ?

One more info : when the problem happens, if I disconnects the VPN and connect again, the problem goes away.

Any advice is really appreciated,

DT

Reply to
dt1649651
Loading thread data ...

You may want to "investigate" your bandwidth:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Brad, thanks for the link.

I think the bandwidth is ok. We have two kind of VPN users, one from the Internet, and one from the remote office with 2 dedicated T1 lines. ( The remote office is not really my company 's office and can be accessed at night by other people, that's why we have to use VPN ).

These T1 lines ends on the head office router with different interface from the Internet WAN.

When the problem happens for the people at the remote office, I can ftp a big file over that line in a short time, if I do not use VPN.

DT

Reply to
dt1649651

I just remembered one thing : if the user disconnections and reconnect, he works fine again.

DT

Reply to
dt1649651

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.