Cisco 2950 doesn't recognise VTP commands

I have a 2950 switch on version 12.0(5.3)WC(1).I am trying to change VTP mode to transparent.

According to the Cisco documentation this version should recognise 'vlan database', but it does not. Neither does 'vtp mode transparent' work.

What else should I try other than upgrading the IOS, there has to be a way to do this in version 12.0(5.3)WC(1).

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
alexz
Loading thread data ...

Its the version that came on the switch. But whatever the version dont you agree one should be able to set up VTP?

Reply to
alexz

You probably already know this, but 1 never knows.....

vlan database is accessed via the priv exec prompt not the config prompt

Reply to
Brian V

Is there any special reason you have to use Interim version of IOS?

Reply to
Ivan Ostres

In theory yes, in reality.. no. The thing is that interim images are created to fix specific issue(s) which could make problems with other features. Those images are not well tested on all the features.

I'm not saying that is the reason you can't change vtp mode, but it is something you should keep on your mind when searching for reason.

What does it mean that is does not work? Does it accept command and do nothing or does not accept it at all?

Reply to
Ivan Ostres

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.