CIsco 2610 Trunking question

Hi

I was thinking of purchasing a Cisco 2610 router with 12.3 IOS. The model has one 10 Mbs Ethernet port.

Can anyone tell me if this router is capable of trunking dot1q?

According to Cisco -

formatting link

It can, because the IOS is higher than 12.2(8)T. However, I have read elsewhere that the IOS needs the IP Plus feature set enabled.

Is this true? And what exactly is the IP Plus feature set?

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
dilan.weerasinghe
Loading thread data ...

There's a couple versions of IOS available that can trunk VLANs. Most versions of IOS can't on this box. (you'll probably get alot of people saying that its a 10Mbps port, and only 100Mbps can do VLANs, but they are all wrong :) there is actually a version of code that does work on a 2610 with 10Mbps that can do it.

Yes, you need the ip+ basic feature set, which is an additional license (ie. additional money to cisco) required for additional features. You'll also need the box maxed out on RAM/Flash of 64M/16M as well.

Ie. image c2600-is5-mz.12.3-20.bin says it has IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Support & IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Trunking features in it.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.