checking compatibility of configs on new IOS

Hi folks,

I hope you can help?

I am aware that commands can change dependant upon what software version is running, so...

How can I easily check to see if a new IOS is compatible with the config running on a router or switch?

Can I do it easily? I have over 100 routers and switches and large configs!

many thanks Dave

Reply to
dhodgson7
Loading thread data ...

Typically the commands change depending on your feature sets. You keep the same feature set, then there is no (or almost no) changes. You get a different one loaded, then things can change quite dramatically.

For the almost no change, most all changes of this sort are changing the default behavior of old into the only mode of operation. In all cases that I've run across the little changes between major versions, the changes never affected me or my configs.

Keep the same feature set, and you'll be pretty safe. If you have to move from one feature set to another, then you'll be needing to compare the differences in Cisco feature navigator quite a bit.

formatting link

No, not easily. But its never been too difficult for me to keep the same feature set.

The commands that 98% of configs out there use are pretty basic overall.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Doug your a star, thanks very much for your reply.

Reply to
dhodgson7

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.