Catalyst WS-C2822 firmware

Hi all, I've been lurking for a while just in case this is a FAQ. I have a Catalyst 2820 which has a problem. Two, in fact. One is it has no operational firmware and the second is that it will not accept the V

9.00.04 firmware I have downloaded from Cisco. It simply resets as soon as I initiate an XMODEM session. It has the fast ethernet plug-in, but apart from this it is bog-standard. Is there any way to recover this unit? Does the newer operational firmware need a specific boot firmware to be on the device? Have I even got the correct firmware (cat2820A.9.00.04.bin)? Am I correct in using a null-modem cable to communicate with the serial console?

Any and all help, flames, calling me names because I've made a stupid error etc. welcome and appreciated.

Reply to
MattD..
Loading thread data ...

After replacing MattD.. with a small shell script on Wednesday 13 Apr 2005

14:14, the following appeared on stdout:

Looks like I need V5.37 for this beast as it is the old one with a DB9 console port. Any ideas on where to get the file from? Cisco don't have it in their FTP archives any more.

Reply to
MattD..

Reply to
Robert B. Phillips, II

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.