Cat 4503 not receiving VTP info from 6513...

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to connect a Cat 4503 to a 6513 via fiber & get the 4503 to receive VLAN information through VTP. The domain and mode are both correct. Theh 6513 is the server with the 4503 as client in the same domain. Connectivity is not an issue, I can ping the 6513 from the

4503 as well as other hosts on the network. I see both ways when I execute the show cdp neighbor command. It just won't pull the VLAN information over VTP. I do get digest errors on the 4503. Can this be a spanning tree issue? The 6513 is the root bridge. I hope I'm making some sense! :-)

Its running Version 12.2 IOS.

VTP statistics: Summary advertisements received : 19 Subset advertisements received : 10 Request advertisements received : 0 Summary advertisements transmitted : 0 Subset advertisements transmitted : 0 Request advertisements transmitted : 10 Number of config revision errors : 0 Number of config digest errors : 10 Number of V1 summary errors : 0

Reply to
leopard96
Loading thread data ...

Hi.

The link between the 6513 and 4503 needs to be a trunk for VTP to work. Check that the link is trunking with the commands 'show int trunk'

- Simon

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
charliesjt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.